Name:
Location: South Haven, MInnesota, United States

Fisherman, Waterfowler and all around good guy!

Sunday, September 25, 2005

"Halibut"

The culmination of my Alaskan Adventure was an early morning drive to Seward, the drive is very beautiful, I'm told. However at 4 am, NOT SO MUCH!! We found the Marina and paid for the trip $210.00, and found the boat, the "Pursuit" By now the sun was up, and there was nary a cloud in the sky, and not a puff of breeze. Some times I'm lucky. 2 1/2 hour drive to the fishing grounds. Awesome scenery, Spectacular actually. As in "WOW"!! There were 9 anglers aboard, as well as the Captain and the first mate. We were into fish right away. Ling cod (ugly) Yellow eyed Red Fish (pretty) and Halibut (interesting) I caught a Halibut almost instantly, one about 30 lbs or so and we released it. You can keep 2 and when your done your done. We all got our limit and the biggest was 40 something, no giants, thank God!! After all the Salmon I had caught all week my pipes were beat and after catching 3 denisens of the deep plus some Salmon Sharks I quit and just enjoyed the day!!!! The trip in was also incredeble and the drive back to Anchorage was very pretty, at least until it got dark and Smitty kept getting the head bobs!!! Scary! Spike took the wheel and kept hitting the rumble strips to keep Smitty from sleeping. I'm such a prick sometimes :) I will get down to Seward again someday and maybe take the Fiord and glacier cruise and explore the town. It is seriously, a very pretty place. I'm usually not that interested in that sort of stuff but..... I highly recommend the trip. The Halibut is very tasty also!!! Fed Exing the fish home is spendy tho. I will post some Pix after I'm done here.

Friday the 30th? I head for North Dakota for a waterfowl shooting spree. This is one of the 2 yearly trips I take that give me reason to keep on living. Honest, If I could not get out to chase ducks life would not be worth living. Been that way since I was 12, Havn't missed a year, ever. There is nothing better, and it is less than a week away!!!!!!! Damn I won't sleep all week now. Big Al says, sex is better than chasing ducks, Maybe, but I can't remember.

Bye

zugbug

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home