Name:
Location: South Haven, MInnesota, United States

Fisherman, Waterfowler and all around good guy!

Monday, July 28, 2008




Photo #1: Spike and the Good Luck Monkey with a very nice Silver from the Togiak

Photo #2: Smitty and a "little bitty" Silver taken from the "BBL hole" on the Togiak

Photo #3: Smitty "The Guide" at the scene of a Beaver crash on the Togiak. All 7 people an board walked away safely!

Photo #4: Smitty and Spike (fat spike) with a TRFA guide in front of our take home Silvers!


Right at this minute I am sitting in the Boulevard Laundry, washing my clothes and surfing the net. My life, baby. It is very exciting, eh?

I have been sitting here thinking about fishing in Alaska. Right now is one of the slower times to fish in the wood river area of Bristol Bay. Most of the Kings are dead and the sockeye and chums are on their last legs although, there may be some fresh ones still around. Pinks will be plentiful if it is a pink year. I have forgotten if it is or not. Maybe Missy will email me and let me know. The Rainbow and Grayling and char fishing will be getting ready to pop on the river as the sockeye and chum drop their eggs. Then the egg slam will be on and yahoo! Rainbow city!!!

Some dry fly action will still be happening. But soon the fish will pretty much ignore evrything except eggs. the grayling however will still go after Dries when the sun shines on the water!

Damn, I wish I was on the water on the "Pak" or the "Wok" Middle of August the Silvers will be running in full force. This is my personal favorite time of the year. The bugs start to die off. It's cooler weather or "fat mans weather" The acrobatic Coho's or Silvers will fill the Togiak, Birch Creek and Rainbow. Shoot, gotta stop thinking about it and fold my shit!!!!!!!

Always,


Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home